One of the first things you will realize about Internet SEO marketing is that one good article just isn?t enough for a successful campaign. Major search engines like Google and Yahoo look for new and original content on a daily basis. If you publish one good article a year, you will be lucky if it makes even a peep in the overall market. What works is providing a regular stream of good content on a regular basis.
This is why SEO companies do not merely sell articles, but entire SEO packages. The company usually charges a monthly fee in exchange for a variety of articles, each one optimized for your success. Packages may include more than just articles for the website; you can also expect press releases, articles for directories, blogs and e-books. This is an ideal way to promote your site.
Remember, it doesn?t matter what type of product you are selling through SEO packages. There is definitely a market out there for your subject. What matters is how you communicate with your target audience. In order to reach your audience you have to have a ?big mouth? when it comes to creating new content on the Internet. You can never have enough information, because your audience will never get bored reading about their subject of interest. Furthermore, you are not necessarily communicating with the same audience every day. You are publishing content for millions.
You might want to think about your online presence (made more noticeable by SEO content) like an ?open sign.? If your customers never see that open sign, then they will probably never stop by. However, if by way of SEO packages you are able to create a great deal of online content, then they will know your company by name.
This is one of the major misconceptions about SEO packages, that you can create a successful web campaign using just a few expertly written articles. Unless you?re highlighting a ?niche? type of word, chances are nobody will even see your website with a minimal amount of content.
Besides, even if you do find a lot of good content for your website, what about article directories? What about press releases? You can?t just copy and paste the same articles?search engines will disqualify your article for submitting duplicate content. In this business, webmasters quickly realize that this is an involved task, and one that cannot easily be done alone. If you feel the same way then try working with an SEO company and asking for low-price SEO packages.
One of the most crucial mistakes I made when I first started Internet Marketing was not completely understand the importance of proper back linking, anchor tags, keywords and the title tag. The most important things to search engines is providing relevancy to search results using keywords in the anchor tags and back links. Back links to your website has become one of the most or if not important aspects to better Search Engine Result Positioning (SERP) using your keywords in your anchor tags.
One of the most common mistakes that I personally made with my website was in the title was:
Title: Succeed Online with ES-Solution
The problem with that title was; What does that have to do with my website and keywords? Search Engines base a lot of importance on the keywords and the anchor tag contained in the back link. Additionally, I submitted my website to many directories and search engines using that title. What I am telling the search engines? That my most important keyword or keyword phrase is ?Succeed Online with ES-Solution.? How many possible searchs do you believe would have that exact phrase or keywords? Zero.
My rankings for my keyword phrase ?Internet Marketing eBooks? were even more horrible!
Steps to avoiding this same mistake:
Step 1: Never using a descriptive title
Step 2: Choose the most relevant Keywords for your Title
Step 3: Create back links using the appropriate anchor tag.
- I changed my title to ?Internet Marketing eBooks?. Another important idea behind your title and keywords is that the search engines will shift around your keywords to make more phrases. I only have 3 Keywords but using different combination, I have 3 good keyword pharses:
(1) Internet Marketing eBooks (2) Marketing eBooks (3) Internet Marketing
- And I began re-submiting my website to directories and search engines with the proper title (anchor tag): ?Internet Marketing eBooks?
(1) I have several back links with the anchor text ?Internet Marketing eBooks?, but unfortunately I still have some of the old back links with the anchor text ?Succeed on with ES-Solution? dropping my overall relevancy to 54% when it should be 100%.
(2) I have managed to achieve the number one ranking as of 6 December 2005 for the keyword phrase ?Internet Marketing eBooks? in MSN and the number two ranking in Yahoo.
One of the most confusing and frustrating challenges you may face with your online business is getting good search engine rankings. It took me a good two years to get my website to the top rankings on Google. I spent countless nights (and days) trying to optimize for my favorite search engine. My patience finally paid off, and I now rank in the top 10 pages of Google for my chosen keywords. During this two-year period, I learned many a good lesson that I?d like to share with you.
Here are some things you should do:
1) Write Articles. By writing and submitting articles in your related field of expertise, you create relevant links and free advertising. The resource area of article submissions allows you to usually post a brief bio of yourself and a link to your website. Of course, the search engines love relevant links to your site. Write as many articles as you can. Some suggested submissions websites are , www.findarticles, com and .
2) Add content to your website daily. Don?t let your website become stagnant. The search engines love new content, and will penalize you if they see your site is not active. You can add a new article every week, place new relevant links or change your text content.
3) Use a search engine optimization tool. Two good choices are or (IBP). Monitor your website on a regular basis.
4) Post on Forums. Find a forum that is relevant to your website and begin posting there. You can add your website URL to end of your postings creating links to your website. This is also a good place to find link partners.
5) Add quality and relevant links. It is important to remember here though quality is more important than quantity. Search engines will take more seriously websites that have linked to 10 relevant links than to 100 low ranking links or links not related to your product or service. Be sure that when you link, you use proper link text. This text should be related to your website. In other words, if your website is about dance classes, be sure that your link anchor text uses those words.
6) Link to various directories like , and .
7) Be patient! Rankings do not come overnight. It will take time, but one fine morning you will wake up to see that all of your effort has paid off.